The OpenLOOP QLP SeriesPump Station is a packaged pump system designed specifically for heat-treating applications. The QLP safely isolates, filters, and cools quenchants with a centrifugal separator and a rugged plate heat exchanger.
The system consists of separate cooling loops for quenchant and cooling water. Quenchant is pumped through a CyClean Centrifugal Separator for filtration and then through the plate heat exchanger. Quenchant and cooling water flow through separate channels between the plates, exchanging heat. The clean and cooled quenchant is returned to the quench tank. The QLP Pump Station handles water, brine, polymer solution, and oil quenchants.
To maintain peak efficiency and prevent fouling, Dry Coolers recommends:
- changing the side-stream bag filter as required,
- periodically monitoring pressure drops across the plate heat exchanger, and
- periodically monitoring the pump outlet pressure and amperage for changes.
- Rugged cast iron pump with severe-duty mechanical seal
- Packaged design for easy installation
- CyClean Centrifugal Separator for efficient quenchant filtering with minimal pressure loss
- Side stream bag filter for effluent collection
- Highly efficient and expandable plate heat exchanger with stainless plates and nitrile gaskets
- Control panel meetsUL 508A standards
- Pre-wired for easy installation
- Fully flow- and pressure-tested for trouble-free startup