The AquaVent AVI is a reliable, low-maintenance, air-cooled heat exchanger. The AVI is widely used to cool closed-loop processes where the fluid temperature is close to ambient. It also offers a lower-cost solution for free-cooling applications, compared to expensive refrigerant chillers.
Inside the AVI, warm process fluid passes through a finned copper tube bundle. Fans mounted on top of the AVI draw cool ambient air through the heat exchanger to cool the fluid.
On hot summer days, the AVI supplies fluid at 95°F (35°C) or above in most locations. As ambient air cools down, the fans automatically slow down and shut off to regulate the temperature to the desired setpoint. Winter operation is so efficient that in many cases, only one or two fans are needed, using only a few amps of electricity.
The copper tube bundle must be protected from freeze damage. Dry Coolers will recommend a glycol–water mixture appropriate to the installed location.
- Copper-tube heat exchanger with blue, polymer-coated aluminum fins for corrosion protection
- Cast aluminum sickle fan blades for noise reduction
- IP54 fan motors with built-in frequency drive for smooth operation (UL Listed)
- Variable-speed fans for accurate temperature regulation and efficient energy usage, with excellent control at low ambient temperatures
- Heavy gauge galvanneal steel with powder coat and UV stabilizer, suitable for outdoor service
- Standard sizes – Available with 2, 3, or 4 fans (128–236″ L x 42″ W x 48″ H)
- Replaceable coil – Removeable fan plenum provides easy access to the heat exchanger
- Simple, robust design for reliability, low maintenance, and long life